The Wearsafe Tag SOS button is designed to work with your phone 24/7, so that no matter when you need to send a Red Alert or Check-in, it’s ready to go. If you leave it behind for a few days, it will reach out to your phone when they're back in Bluetooth range. If you plan to leave your Tag unused for more than a week, we recommend removing the battery. As soon as the Tag SOS button has power again, it will reach out to your phone and be able to start alerts again.
Articles in this section
- What battery does the Wearsafe Tag use?
- How do I get a warranty replacement battery?
- Can my smartwatch send alerts by itself?
- What is the PIN for my Wearsafe Tag?
- Is the Wearsafe Tag waterproof?
- How to open the Wearsafe Tag battery cover
- Installing and removing attachments
- Can someone find out my information from my Wearsafe Tag?
- What should I do if my Wearsafe Tag doesn’t check in?
- Why don’t I see an update for my Wearsafe Tag?