Yes, to be able to send alerts, you must have location services enabled on your device and the Wearsafe App must have permission to ask for your location "always". The Wearsafe app uses your location services rarely and in very limited ways, only momentarily when you send a Check-in or during an active Red Alert. By allowing us to "always" get your location, we are able to start your alerts at any time, even with the Wearsafe app in the background.
Articles in this section
- How do I add Contacts?
- Legacy & Obsolete Device Compatibility
- Red bar or dot shows on iOS device
- How can I make Wearsafe use less of my phone battery?
- Can people track me all the time with Wearsafe?
- Where is the best place to put the Wearsafe App on my phone's home screen?
- Received alert doesn't show audio in the alert timeline
- How much data does Wearsafe use?
- What are the right settings for Android?
- What are the right settings for iOS?