If you dial emergency services directly or use the emergency services handoff in the Wearsafe App, your call will always go to the call center nearest you. Emergency services call centers like 911 have standards for transferring calls to centers local to an emergency. Since the Wearsafe alert you receive will include location information for the person experiencing an emergency, you can provide your emergency services operator with the information they need to transfer you to a local emergency services operator or dispatcher.
Articles in this section
- Audio not recorded on iOS 12.4 and newer
- How do I turn off an alert?
- How do I send an alert?
- Do emergency service calls go to the center where the subscriber is?
- Why didn't my alert start?
- I sent an alert, why can't I see audio files in my alert timeline?
- On the alert screen, why does the map view sometimes show a person in a slightly different location from where they actually are?
- What does an alert include?
- How will I know when someone is responding to my alert?
- Why did my alert take so long to send?