Pairing your SOS Button connects it to your phone so you can send Check-ins and Alerts without unlocking, or even touching, your phone. Here are some things that may not go as expected on the first page of Device Pairing for your SOS Button, and how to resolve each of them.
The Wearsafe Tag never appears in a list of devices
- Make sure your phone's Bluetooth is turned on
- Make sure that the Wearsafe App has permission to use Bluetooth in your phone's Settings app
- Press the Tag's button 5 times before tapping Continue, or press it again 5 times on the Scanning screen
- Remove and reinstall the Tag's battery while on the "make sure your device has a battery installed" screen, then press the Tag's button 5 times and tap Continue
- Check your phone's Bluetooth screen in the Settings app and remove or forget any devices with names like "Tag-1234" or "Wearsafe Tag 1234", go back to the app, and press the Tag's button 5 times
- Restart your phone, then reopen the Wearsafe app and try again
- Replace the Tag's battery with one that you know is fresh
A window pops up asking to pair the Tag before you pass the "press 5 times" screen
- Check your phone's Bluetooth screen in the Settings app and remove or forget any devices with names like "Tag-1234" or "Wearsafe Tag 1234"
- Go back to the Wearsafe app
- Press the Tag's button 5 times
- Tap Continue on the screen