Sometimes you want to manage a user account that sends alerts from someone else's phone. Here are steps to do that efficiently and effectively.
Setting up for managing an account with someone else sending alerts
- Install the Wearsafe App on the phone of the person who will manage the account and receive alerts, or Account Owner.
- Use Sign Up to create an account using the information of the Account Owner, who will manage the account and receive alerts. Converting from Wearsafe 1 service? Use the same email address for the account that sent alerts on Wearsafe 1. Managing for multiple people? Create only one Account Owner account.
- Use your activation code to start service. Managing for multiple people? Use only one activation code.
- Choose to Skip pairing your Wearsafe SOS Button to your phone.
- Open Contacts & Settings to choose other people in addition to the Account Owner who will also receive alerts. Managing for multiple people? All people sending alerts (Device Users) share Contacts and will always notify all of the Contacts for the alert type.
- Optional: In Contacts & Settings, open the Customize Alert Emails option. Managing for multiple people? All Device Users will share the same custom messages when sending alerts.
- Install the Wearsafe App on the phone of the person who will send alerts, the Device User.
- Sign In to the Wearsafe App using the Account Owner's phone number and password.
- Follow the instructions to pair the Wearsafe SOS Button to the Device User's phone. Using a smartwatch paired to this phone? We recommend pairing the SOS Button, and the smartwatch will automatically be recognized. Follow on-screen instructions to install the watchOS or Wear OS app onto your smartwatch.
- Managing for multiple people? Repeat steps 8 and 9 on each Device User's phone, pairing to one Wearsafe SOS Button each.
Differences in how alerts work
When you have an Account Owner logged in on multiple phones and one of the phones starts an alert, all phones will be in active alert status. Audio and location info will be sent only from the phone that started the alert. Everyone with the app installed will receive app push notifications about alerts. Only people added as Contacts by the Account Owner will receive SMS and email notifications.